From All of Us at the Mill,
For more than 50 years, Swift Creek Mill Theatre has been a constant presence, bringing professional theatre to our region. In the course of a normal season, The Mill will employ 25 full- and part-time staff members, plus hundreds of actors, technicians, and designers. We will play host to 34,000 patrons, more than half of whom are area youth attending our student matinee series. Several weddings, Chamber of Commerce events, and much more will occur in our facilities. Of course, this is no longer a normal season.The safety of our patrons, artists and staff is our primary goal. In order to assure safety of all amid Covid-19 concerns, the following actions have been implemented:
- The office is closed to the public. While we will maintain a small staff to process incoming phone calls and mail. We ask that you respect the nationwide social distancing guidelines and conduct all business with us by phone or email.
- We have cancelled the remaining Wine Dinners through the spring and early summer. We will be announcing a complete series of Wine Dinners starting in the fall very soon.
- The spring youth show, Chicken Little on the Farm has been postponed to next Spring (2021). Those who have purchased tickets to the Family Performances of this show will be contacted shortly.
- The run of I Love You! You’re Perfect! Now Change! was first postponed to an opening of April 1. The show has now been postponed to a shortened, but compact, run from May 23 through June 6. If you currently have tickets, staff members will reach out to you soon to help process your tickets.
- The run of Unnecessary Farce will now be June 27 through July 11. Staff members will be in touch soon to help process your tickets.
- The Scott Wichmann Cabaret is still on for May 15 and 16; however, in anticipation of all of us needing a night of celebration, we have moved the show from the Mill Room to the Theatre. This means more available seats and more music from Scott. Details will be announced as we approach these dates.
Staff members will be contacting you from their personal phones, as many are working from home. We are preparing to close the office for the duration of the crisis which will result in delayed responses to phone calls. When staff members do reach you about your existing tickets, you have several options.We are committed to maintaining professional theatre in South Central Virginia. Our historic building has been a gathering place for the community for 350 years. It has survived hurricanes, floods, wars, recessions, and much more. We are committed to surviving this current crisis as well. Your assistance is a needed now more than ever. How can you help?
- Donations! Several donors have already stepped up. Please consider a donation to help us keep our staff employed.
- Purchase Season tickets! We have announced our 2020-2021 season. Those with existing season ticket packages should already have been notified of the ability to purchase tickets for next year. The lineup will be made public soon. A Flex Pass gives you the ultimate flexibility, allowing you to use your tickets how and when you like. Season tickets are sold at a 20% discount – essentially, a free show for you!
- Purchase gift cards! Our gift cards are good for any activity here at the Mill, including theatre tickets, camps, dining reservations, and even purchases at the bar and gift shop.
- If you are unable to exchange your ticket to the new dates, consider two options:
- Exchange your ticket for a Rain Check. These rain check tickets are good for two years, allowing plenty of time for you to decide how best to use them.
- Donate the cost of your ticket back to the Mill.
The entire Mill family is looking forward to seeing you back here at the theatre. Until that glorious day arrives, we wish you good health and good times.
Swift Creek Mill Theatre