Our youth group invites young theater lovers to connect with artists and audiences as they become the next generation of theater leaders and arts enthusiasts. 4th Wall members play a vital role in building young audiences, which is crucial to the survival of live theater. Students create written reviews, behind-the-scenes videos, and social media posts. A great résumé builder, students also host post-show discussions, usher, and give curtain speeches during our Mainstage Season. Our members receive passes to our productions and attend educational gatherings and retreats. During the fall semester of 2020, 4th Wall Leaders are involved with our YouTube Channel, KdentsTV (where students channel creativity).
Are you interested in joining the 4th Wall? Contact us at email@example.com!
Expectations include 20 volunteer hours in the following areas:
- Attend 4 mandatory meetings (September, December, February, May)
- Usher for at least TWO CTC mainstage shows and for THREE of Virginia Repertory Theatre’s (Virginia Rep) mainstage shows
- Write theater reviews & blog posts
- Promote Utix ($10 day-of-show tickets) for high school and college students with valid ID via social media and word-of-mouth
- Create promotional videos and radio spots
- Change Facebook profile pictures week of show
- Help to run auditions, assist with special events, and distribute postcards
Benefits of membership:
- Complimentary ticket vouchers to Cadence and Virginia Rep mainstage shows
- Name, picture, and personal bio on websites for CTC and Virginia Rep
- Opportunities to work with professional theater artists and mentors
- Build resume, experience, and contacts
- Attend free workshops with guest speakers