Arsenic and Old Lace
By Joseph Kettering
WHAT: Auditions for Henrico Theatre Company’s Production of Arsenic and Old Lace
WHO: Director H Lynn Smith is seeking actors for the following roles:
• Abby and Martha Brewster: (65-75) two sweet, charming, active, dangerous sisters
• Mortimer Brewster: (35-40) nephew to Abby & Martha, somewhat cynical
• Jonathan Brewster: (50-55) nephew to Abby & Martha, criminal, looks like Boris Karloff
• Teddy Brewster: (42-48) nephew to Abby & Martha, believes he is Teddy Roosevelt
• Elaine Harper: (25-32) Daughter to the Reverend Harper, career girl, and girlfriend to Mortimer
• Reverend Dr. Harper: (50-70) Minister & father of Elaine
• Dr. Einstein: (40-55) Gender Neutral role; plastic surgeon who has changed Jonathan’s face several times
• Officer O’Hara: (35-45) Police officer & would be playwright. Somewhat of a pest but friendly
• Officers Brophy & Klein: (25-25) Partners and pleasant neighborhood police officers
• Lieutenant Rooney: (40-55) Commanding officer of local police precinct, brusque and tough
• Mr. Gibbs: (60-80) elderly man who wants to rent a room from Abby & Martha
• Mr. Witherspoon: (50-70) superintendent of Happy Dale Sanitorium
WHEN: Sunday/Monday March 3 & 4 2019 at 7pm.
WHERE: The Cultural Arts Center at Glen Allen.
Rehearsals will begin March 10, 2019 for a May 3-19 run. No performers paid. Information: email@example.com or 501-5138. Break a leg!