ATTENTION ALL ACTORS!
We are now accepting applications of interest for this year’s ANNUAL BOOTLEG SHAKESPEARE PROJECT.
This year, we are producing CYMBELINE and we couldn’t be more excited. If you have read this show, then you know it is the perfect Bootleg show!
Rules of Engagement:
– Actors are given their roles 30 days before the day of the performance, during which time they are expected to prepare their role INDEPENDENTLY.
– Actors are responsible for their lines, props and costume, in consultation with the director.
– Actors may not rehearse scenes with other cast members.
– Actors meet early on the morning of the performance to stage the entire play in one day, only to perform it that very evening to a free audience at the Dominion Energy Center for the Performing Arts, Gottwald Playhouse.
– THIS IS NOT A PAID GIG. No-one involved in this project is getting paid, in fact. This is a special project intended to give something special back to the community that supports us throughout the year.
– This is also a special project because it gives actors a unique opportunity to stretch themselves by stepping out of their comfort zones. The experience is unforgettable.
This years project will take place on APRIL 22, 2023.
Interested parties can reach out to Artistic Director, James Ricks at: James@RichmondShakespeare.org
Come out, ye beasties. ..Show us your mettle!