Lower and Middle School Music Teacher
The Steward School seeks an enthusiastic and committed music teacher for grades bridging both divisions for the academic year 2017-18. This is a full-time, fully benefited faculty position reporting to the Directors of Lower and Middle School.
Core duties for this position include teaching sections of elementary music and middle school chorus—planning and delivering creative and innovative instruction that develops music skills and enhances students’ knowledge; ability to accompany student performances; planning and directing two annual Lower School programs; utilizing technology to facilitate instruction; collaborating with fellow faculty and administrators; familiarity with differentiated learning instruction; and other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree and major concentration in music and/or education is required; Master’s or higher and Virginia certification is preferred
- 3-5 years relevant classroom experience including kindergarten through grade 8 instruction; independent school experience a plus
- Technological proficiency in the classroom including Google Educational apps, Smartboards, Blackbaud, and FAWeb
- Familiarity with differentiated learning instruction
- Coaching or club experience is a plus
Required Abilities and Skills:
- Genuine love of children and sense of humor
- Strong communication and collaborative skills
- Microsoft Office proficient, including Word, Excel, and Outlook; Google Educational apps and Rubicon proficiency a plus
- Proven ability to exercise mature judgment specifically in recognizing and respecting the confidential nature of school matters
Compensation and Benefits:
- Commensurate with experience and education
- Comprehensive benefits package available
Interested candidates should upload their resume and cover letter as part of the online employment application. Please reference Lower and Middle School Music Teacher as the position interested in. No calls or visits please.
Original posting: https://www.stewardschool.org/current-employment-opportunities