The Patron Services Assistant supports Symphony ticketing and subscription operations. This position proactively engages in sales of single tickets, subscriptions, and group sales. The Patron Services Assist works with the Annual Fund Coordinator to oversee the 20/30 Group. The position is also responsible for inputting and maintaining data in the Etix ticketing system and the Bloomerang donor database as well as creating and sending pre and post-concert emails and surveys to ticket holders.
The position is the primary contact with the general public and interfaces directly with patrons on a daily basis, therefore a positive outlook and pleasant manner are expected at all times.
This position also serves as a back up to the Office and Executive Assistant, providing office and IT support when the Office and Executive Assistant is unavailable.
● Respond to calls and emails to Patron Services, managing patron relationships with excellence in conjunction with the Patron Services & Sales Manager.
● Execute single ticket and subscription sales through Etix, including the handling of complimentary ticket and event prizes.
● Assist Patron Services & Sales Manager with weekly ticket reports.
● Create and execute group sales plan. Includes outreach to community groups such as churches, associations, and clubs to inform and generate group sales.
● Oversee and report on 20/30 Group program with the Annual Fund Coordinator. This program offers discounted tickets and events to patrons ages 21-40 with an eye to cultivating future Symphony advocates.
● Manage will call window at approximately 50% of Symphony concerts and events in coordination with the Patron Services & Sales Manager.
● Input and maintain data in Etix ticketing system and Bloomerang donor database.
● Create and mails pre and post-concert emails and surveys to ticketholders.
● Review and summarize survey responses from ticket holders.
● Work with the Marketing Dept to ensure posting of concerts to online community calendars.
● Oversight of work study students, interns, and volunteers for the Patron Services department.
● Support Board Committee, as assigned.
● Perform other duties as assigned.
A successful candidate for Patron Services Assistant must provide excellent customer service using good verbal and written communication skills, and the ability to foster positive relationships with patrons. Further, organization and problem-solving skills, along with attention to detail and efficient time management are required. Collaboration and teamwork to execute tasks and projects are central to this role. Qualifications include:
● Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
● Excellent verbal and written communication skills and strong proofreading skills.
● Customer service experience.
● Experience working with ticketing and/or donor databases or comparable customer databases.
● Experience working with mass email and survey platforms is desirable.
● Resourcefulness and self-sufficiency.
● Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment.
● Strong attention to detail.
● Proven track record of effective time management, flexibility, and strong organizational skills.
● Commitment to the principles of teamwork and shared responsibility.
● Ability to relate positively to a diverse group of people including staff, musicians, board members,
Benefits & Salary
● Benefits include health insurance, long term disability, self-funded dental insurance, employer contribution to 403(b) account, and paid vacation, holiday, and sick leave.
● Parking is provided within walking distance of the office.
● Starting salary $36,000.
● Personal work space in the Richmond Symphony office.
● Attendance and participation at concerts, events and activities will be expected outside of
normal office hours and on weekends with advance notice.
● The Richmond Symphony strives to create an environment that practices shared values inclusive of the following: Mutual Respect, Empathy, Integrity, Transparency, Trust, Insistence on Excellence, Hunger for Success, Passion, Creativity and Fun.
● Please send cover letter, resume, and two professional references to
firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.
● Application review begins September 21, 2020 until the position is filled.
● Any offer of employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background check and demonstrated eligibility for work, including compliance with 22.1-296.1 of the Code of Virginia.