Plans, delivers and evaluates instruction based upon specific standards and objectives established by RCPS. Assists students in learning knowledge and skills that will contribute to their development as mature, able and responsible citizens.
Classroom duties consist of teaching theatre, including art history, performance skills, etc, and theatre production through multi-level curriculum. After school hours consist of producing, designing, and directing a minimum of two large productions as well as project entries for VTA, and VHSL play competitions. Other projects consist of classroom enhancement programs and library offerings.
Essential Job Functions:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Plans and delivers appropriate curriculum content to students.
- Assesses students’ learning on an ongoing basis and alters instruction to meet group/individual needs.
- Uses the curriculum of the district to plan daily instructional activities.
- Maintains order within the classroom setting in accordance with division guidelines regarding student behavior management.
- Classroom duties such as planning, classroom management, teaching, assessing, grading.
- Shopping for materials, obtaining production rights and research for projects.
- Setting up auditorium for assemblies etc.
- After school & weekend hours for production of plays and projects.
- Planning for Festivals and Competitions.
- Supervises students in non-classroom time (before school, after school, student activities, fire drills).
- Collaborates with other faculty in planning and delivering instruction to students.
- Communicates regularly with parents.
- Ensures compliance with existing applicable federal and state statutes and local policies, regulations and guidelines related to public schools.
- Demonstrates commitment to improving professional competence.
- Performs other duties as established by School Board Policy.
- Performs other duties as needed.
Requires knowledge of the concepts, principals and methodologies of instruction as well as general knowledge of academic curriculum for assigned classes. Demonstrated ability to develop instructional goals to design and deliver instruction and to assess students’ learning. Demonstrated ability to communicate with others effectively, both orally and in writing. Demonstrated ability in decision making, problem analysis, conflict resolution, interpersonal relationships, and planning. General knowledge of basic skills for theatre performance, training skills for voice & movement, creative play and exercises, basic bookkeeping, and set construction. General knowledge of auditorium sound systems and lighting systems.
- Endorsement in Theatre Arts PreK-12
- Minimum of 18 years of age.
- Possession of a baccalaureate degree from a regionally accepted institution.
- Possession of the requirements for the applicable teacher license.
Applicants considered for employment must successfully complete the following background investigations/tests:
- Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) Criminal History Investigation
- State Police Criminal History Investigation
- Child Protective Services (CPS) Investigation
- Tuberculosis Screening/Test
|Radford High School|
|$39,463 – $57,205 / Per Year|