Position Title: SHAKESPEARE FESTIVAL STAFF
Reports to: Festival Manager
Job Summary: Every summer Agecroft Hall & Gardens partners with Quill Theatre to produce the Richmond Shakespeare Festival. This year, the Festival will feature Love’s Labours Lost in June and Macbeth in July. Each play runs Thursday-Sunday evenings for four weeks. Agecroft opens its gates at 6pm for patrons to picnic on the grounds before the 7:30 performance in the outdoor theater in Agecroft’s Outer Courtyard. Festival staff prepare the theater, operate the box office and concession stand, assist patrons with customer service issues, reconcile the box office receipts and clean up the theater after the performance. In addition, staff assist with stage construction, load in/out and theater break down. Shifts are generally 5:30pm-11:00pm.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
- Working under a supervisor to assist guests, prepare theatre, and communicate with the other festival staff. Stock playbills, move furniture, light custodial work, transporting water and concessions in preparation for performances.
- Assist with the concessions cart, ushering duties, and box office duties (including register reconciliation).
- Provide guest services, including providing information and answering guest questions, resolving disputes and seating issues, assisting patrons needing special accommodations, etc. Monitor guests and facilities before, during, and after productions to ensure the safety of all.
- Assist in season set up (May 21st – all day) and season clean up (July 31st – all day).
- Attend periodic scheduling meetings and/or trainings, and assist with all load-ins of water, printed materials, and other material.
- Other duties as assigned.
Job Specifications: High school degree preferred. Some college a plus. Strong work ethic with ability to learn quickly, problem solve and maintain grace under pressure. Good oral communication and interpersonal skills. Ability to work well on a team as well as independently with focus on smooth operations and efficiency. Demonstrated punctuality. Respect for the special needs of a historic house required. Demonstrated interest in theater operations a plus. Applicants available for duration of the season (Late May-End of July) will be given first consideration.
Working Conditions: Exposed to all summer weather conditions. Ability to stand and walk, outdoors, for long periods of time (1-5 hours). Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
All Thursday/Friday/Saturday/Sunday nights: June 1st-25th & July 6th-30th (5:30pm-11:00pm)
Saturday, July 2nd (5:30pm-11:00pm)
May 21st (all day)
July 31st (all day)
Interested individuals may direct resumes with short cover letters to email@example.com.
Agecroft Hall & Gardens is an equal opportunity employer.