More information about this job:
About Westminster Canterbury Richmond:
Westminster Canterbury Richmond opened in 1975 and is a premier continuing care retirement community known for its tradition of service excellence. Our staff is a diverse group of approximately 650 professionals working in harmony to support our community and to uphold the mission and values of the organization.
As one of Richmond’s Top 50 Employers, we offer competitive salary along with perks including an onsite gym, fitness classes, on site banking, and award winning on-site child education and care with a generous employee discount.
If you want to work in an organization that is faith-based and mission-driven, that provides the highest level of care, holds staff accountable and makes a difference in people’s lives, consider a career at Westminster Canterbury Richmond.
Seeking an experienced Theater Technician to advance and execute events in the theater. Maintain and implement the use of theatrical lighting, theatrical sound and Audio/Visual equipment; collaborate with other departments using this equipment.
Various days and hours to include some evenings and weekends
Job Details & Qualifications:
MAJOR ACCOUNTABILITIES/ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
- Perform and oversee the set-up, run and strike of all events held in the theater
- Design, set up, maintain and operate lighting and sound systems for programs
- Monitor the condition of equipment including lighting, sound, and rigging equipment; perform preventive maintenance on equipment.
- Operate, maintain inventory and safeguard the technical assets of the theatre, including supervising the use of lighting, sound, communications equipment, and the use and maintenance of stage facilities.
- Conduct training, as needed, on use of equipment
- Partner and serve as a back-up to the Performing Arts Technical Coordinator to ensure that all crew needs are met for each performance
- Serve as a lighting/sound board operator, camera operator, crew and/or stage manager dependent on performance needs
- Additional duties as assigned
- Theatrical lighting and sound equipment
- A/V equipment
- Computer (PC and Mac), including Microsoft Office, PowerPoint
- General office equipment
- Ability to lift 40 pounds without assistance, 40+ pounds with manual or mechanical assistance
- Ability to lift 20 pounds overhead
- Stand, walk, lift, bend, climb, stoop and reach for 50-75% of the workday
- Must be able to see and hear for accuracy in setting sound, taping and editing
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITY:
- Ability to set and run sound and/or equipment
- Ability to set, run, and provide training for A/V equipment
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, including Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Ability to communicate clearly both verbally and in writing
DESIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITY:
- Experience working with an ETC Ion lighting console
- Experience working with ETC and Colorado LED lighting instruments
- Knowledge of multichannel analog sound console
- Sound mixing experience to include mastering EQ, working simultaneously on house mix and stage mixes
- Understanding signal flow for sound and lighting systems
- Familiarity with AMX A/V projection systems
- Ability to operate a Genie lift with spider attachment
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Associate’s degree, equivalent certification or combination education and experience to fulfill the requirements of the position
- One year of directly related experience in theatre and/or television
- Strong customer and communication skills
DESIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree in technical theater, media arts or equivalent education
- Two or more years of directly related experience
- CPR/AED and First Aid certifications
- Professional experience in a retirement community, long term care or assisted living setting
Apply for job here.