Employment: Scenic Carpenter – Full Time Position
Full Time, Year round
Virginia Repertory Theatre seeks applicants for Scenic Carpenter. You will be reporting to the Master Carpenter and working with other scenic carpenters, over-hire and Interns to construct, transport, install and strike scenery in four venues and for special events. Applicants should possess a strong theatrical carpentry background, including the ability to build from construction drawings.
Responsibilities may include:
- Work under supervision of the Technical Director and Master Carpenter to build scenery in various materials including wood, metal, plastics and fabrics
- Work on building set pieces according to technical drawings or other direction
- Help in the upkeep and cleanliness of spaces and maintenance of equipment and production facilities
- Help to maintain a safe work environment
- Assist in load-in, maintenance and strike of multiple shows in multiple venues
- Additional projects as assigned
- Minimum two years of theatrical carpentry experience
- Strong experience working in scenic shops
- Experience working from draftings
- Comfortable with power tools, including table saws, mitre saws, circular saw
- Comfortable on ladders and with heights
- Understanding of industry safety procedures
- Ability to lift up to 75 pounds
- Positive attitude and love of Theatre
- Work comfortably and effectively in a diverse, collaborative environment
Full time. This position is eligible for annual and sick leave. The position is also eligible for participation in company health, life, disability, and dental insurance plans, as well our 403b retirement plan.
Starting pay-$25,000 /yr. D.O.Q.
Submit your resume
No phone calls please. Resumes (and questions) should be submitted to email@example.com. The subject line should be Carpenter.
Additional information: http://www.va-rep.org/blog/2017/07/13/employment-scenic-carpenter-full-time-position/